"Do y'all mind if I bless the food?"
"Not at all," and various statements of the sort, were the simultaneous responses. Tripp, myself, and John, had gone to eat with the designated pilot examiner and Cracker Barrel for lunch, and he was the one asking our cooperation in his returning thanks for the meal.
"Lord, we thank you for this day," he began. Head bowed, I listened intently as he continued on with the list of his grattitudes. The meal. Our safety. Fellowship. It was a brief and concise acknowledgement for the blessings he'd received. In short order, he wrapped up with one final thank-you to the big man. "And we thank you for Joey's checkride this morning, and for allowing him to pass."
I shot a tremendous grin towards the table. Amen, I thought. Err... I mean, ROGEE!!!
Yep, yesterday I couldn't spell commercial pilot and today I are one. I passed my commerical multi-engine checkride this morning, and the final checkride that I have to complete for this school, my commercial-single add-on, is slated to take place at 9:30 in the morning.
I apologize for the recent silence; I promise that I have not forgotten about y'all. Cross-countries turned out to be a rather grueling experience, and each night I mainly just crashed from the tiring experience. The great news is that assuming I pass tomorrow's checkride, I'm done!!!! Well, at least with this school. The lingering question is, what next? I'm unable to get in contact with several people to whom I need to speak in order to formulate my next plans, but despite that frustration I'm feeling great. Thank y'all so much for sticking with me, and I'll get you an update on the final checkride ASAP.
One last river to cross!!! (For now, at least.)
Joey
Thursday, July 30, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
We are so happy for you Uncle Al. Now you gotta get home and spoil your niece. Les
ReplyDeleteCongratulations!!!!! I knew you could do it.
ReplyDeleteHey Joey,
ReplyDeleteIt was a rough and rocky road but you made it, You went through so much, I'm happy to hear that you are seeing sunny skies now. Great Job!!
Well done Joey. Next stop Alabama????
ReplyDeletePhil