So we did nothing today. Well, by "nothing" I mean "nothing related to my training program." We're having issues getting my checkride scheduled, so I'm sorta in a holding pattern. Still. So I spent the day doing airport chores. I took out the trash in the house and buildings. Hauled garbage in the company pickup truck. Washed the owner's airplane. Nothing's really earth-shattering or educational, but still a good day. Nothing really changed; no news is good news.
On the homefront, I'm no longer alone in my mansion. Ryan (the guy I met in Birmingham, also who convinced me to come here) moved back in over the weekend, and we're getting along great. He's country as cornbread, very matter-of-fact and honest, and a huge Alabama fan. I wonder why we get along so well? As an interesting side note, I've also showed Ryan the gesture of holding the imaginary cigarette to discretely point out a certain characteristic in other humans. Some of you will get that and some of you won't. Think Studer. At any rate he'll be here with me a few more weeks, and the second addition to my humble abode just moved in about two hours ago. He's going to be the replacement for my current instructor, and obviously who I'll be flying with. I'll withhold judgement in public forum, and pending further investigation, but I expect there to be an intriguing adjustment period, to say the least.
So really nothing pertinent to report today. But with that lack of pertinence comes an inherent absence of negativity. As I said, no news is good news. Theoretically, I'm supposed to fly tommorow, but we'll see. The good news is that there are two pilots coming in this weekend on a three-day program, so I'll hopefully get this weekend off as well. I'm liking this laid back pace, and small breaks do wonders for my morale. Any further updates will, naturally, be forthcoming.
Happy Thursday
Joey
Wednesday, March 4, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
You're staring to get lazy!!! :) :) Wait, you've always been that way...Anyway- good luck on flying (if it happens).
ReplyDeleteLazy?? YOU?? I am in shock! Distracted maybe but LAZY!!! Just have fun because this time will pass quicker than you think!!
ReplyDeleteLove you,
Mom
Joey, Each passing post you sound more and more like yourself, The first week my heart felt for you, Now I can hear the smile in your post.
ReplyDeleteSandy